Tuesday 27 August 2013

30 Minute Vegan Pizza

Vegan pizza has got to be the ultimate healthy vegan 'junk' food. I like my bases super crispy and because I am a garlic fiend I use about 4 cloves of garlic per pizza (feel free to not use quite as much as I do) and I still haven't found a vegan cheese in the UK that I actually enjoy eating so my pizzas never have vegan cheese on which definitely allows you to drizzle that extra glug of extra virgin olive oil on them.

Here is my speedy vegan pizza base recipe so that you can have a pizza from scratch in under 30 minutes.

375g plain flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
7g dried active yeast
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
225ml warm water
  • Combine the dry ingredients into a bowl, make a well in the centre and add the oil and water and mix with hands until a dough comes together, pat into a tin and top with whatever you like! 
  • Bake in a 200C oven for 15 mins until cooked
Topping suggestions: 
  • mushrooms and thyme
  • pesto and asparagus
  • courgette, mint and hummus
  • chillies and garlic
  • aubergine with minted soy yoghurt

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    I have just eaten a huge portion of this pizza - it tastes so yummy! Thank you for this great recipe. I had never made pizza before so I didn't have high expectations but this just blows my mind. I overloaded it with veggies but it still turned out great. May I I link up this recipe on my blog?

    ReplyDelete